Sunday, August 30, 2009

What I have been doing to-day


This is the Wall Angel I bought at the Peach Festival for $15 dollars thought
she was a steel!
Well I decided it was time to finish off some of my pieces I have had hanging around. One or might I say eight of them are Christmas Ornis from JCS. Shepards Bush 2000 years ago and In a Stable if you are looking for the patterns now that's how they are released.

I found out that when I dragged them out that I was missing the last one. I knew I had it because I had already completed the set as pillow ornis for my grandma. So I was on the hunt for the last one, the matching material (which was potatoe) and the threads and off I went stitching last night and this afternoon finished it up.

So what I had in mind was a wall hanging and now that I sorta know how to quilt I'm all set. So yesterday I headed down to Lens Mill. I bought three diffrent types of fabric because didn't I forget to bring to pieces with me duh!

Anyhow today I had the task of putting them together and it turned out pretty good except one thing. When I sprayed some spray starch some of the border ran into the material on the bottom left. Oh I was so mad. Couldn't soak the whole thing because I couldn't risk the rest bleeding did the best I could I hope it dosen't stand out to much!



Well here's the top now I have to quilt it now. Don't really know what I'm going to put on it yet.



Happy Stitching
**Tammy**

3 comments:

  1. This will be beautiful when finished. Be always in stitches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great idea for those pieces instead of framing them. Saves a lot of money and is going to be wonderful when finished!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks great! I have a yearning for these patterns myself - I didn't discover JCS until two years ago, so I have some but not all... I don't have much money to spare, so I'll have to wait. They won't go out of print tomorrow, will they? *hoping*

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, I really like reading them and they make my day more enjoyable

Follow this blog by Email

My Stitchy Visitors Since October 3rd, 2008

Online Mixing