Saturday, February 20, 2010

4 GOLDS!!!! and a new quilt sort of...need your advice

Yeah for Jon Montgomery (and I am not referring to the country singer)!! Another Gold for Canada!!!! In skeleton. How proud are we!!!! VERY!!!!!!

Anyhow I lost another 0.6 lbs today after binging all week so I guess weigh in went better then expected. Man I am going to be paying WW for another year if is keeps going like this. I can't wait till spring so I can get outside. I am not a winter person. If I could hibernate like a bear and stitch and watch movies in a very warm house every day I would.

Ok all you quilters & stitchers I need your advice. does this layout look ok?? I tried out a few but I think this one so far is my favourite. The two hearts represent friendship. I was thinking of using an iron on transfer and ironing on friends forever inside the hearts and embroidering them too what do you think, that might be a big chore for me though as I never have done it before.

11 comments:

  1. I think that it looks great!!! This is a keeper. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it looks great! Did you lay down some flannel to get them to "stick" so well?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the layout, although I personally do not care for pink tones (lol). Great work! Looking forward to seeing the final quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the comments, glad the quilt looks ok. No there are is not any flannel I layed it out over another quilt and for some reason it just stuck lol.

    Thanks Jayne---what a dumb ass I am..next time I am gonna read the medal chart before I post lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think that looks great! You've done a really terrific job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think it's really pretty, Tammy and I love the idea of some stitching in the hearts - I think that would really enhance it. Love the pinks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty! I say it's a keeper!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think your quilt looks great! I think that I would put some embroidery into the hearts though. It's not hard to do!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm not a quilter, but I think it's lovely.

    Also I loved Jon Montgomery. I thought he was such a great and funny guy. Hard weekend for Canada. We've missed a few other medals. But that is okay, still love all our Olympians.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, I really like reading them and they make my day more enjoyable

Follow this blog by Email

My Stitchy Visitors Since October 3rd, 2008

Online Mixing