Thursday, May 6, 2010

Hold your family close to your heart...

Wow what a crumby day!! It just kept getting worse and worse. When I got home I figured out one reason why. Today was ten years since my grandpa passed. He was a very dear man to me. We spent tons of time together, reading, bike riding and just watching boxing or hockey or the Cosby show (which to this day I still love to watch). The last few years of his life I lived far away and was not home with him when he passed and have always felt bad about that. I got to say goodbye though by phone, he wasn't able to talk back but mom said he heard me.....today mom said she went to work and the first thing she opened was a charm of a strawberry..by coincidence....it has been a symbol of him for years. We used to go berry picking all the time and could have strawberries at his house with yummy frozen yogurt. He would sit for hours outside and clean all those strawberries (and there were a lot) and pack them up to freeze so he would have enough to last him through the winter...that's if his grandkids (7 of us) didn't get to them first lol. I miss him a lot and wish I could still climb his chair and sit in his lap because that's where I belonged. I am still trying to decide when/where I want to get a strawberry tattoo eventually I will go though with it and why a strawberry is so dear to me.

TAMMY

6 comments:

  1. Sorry for your sad day, it is hard to lose someone you love. It sounds like you have many happy memories of your grandpa, he will always be in your heart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am with you TAMMY. Aren't Grandpa's just the best? I have so many fond memories of mine and like you I was far away when they passed. Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My heart goes out to you today. A little while ago, I found myself picking up the phone to call my Nanna to share some good news and halfway through dialling, I realised....

    I agree that Grandparents are wonderful people.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally understand how you're feeling! It's been almost 20 years since my grandfather passed and 2 since my grandmother passed. I miss them both so much but can always relive the great memories that I have and know that they are always with me!

    Try to have a good day today!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry to hear about your sad day, but I think that it's wonderful to have some symbol to remember your Grandpa by.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your Grandpa sounds like mine, a very special man. Hold fast to those memories.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, I really like reading them and they make my day more enjoyable

Follow this blog by Email

My Stitchy Visitors Since October 3rd, 2008

Online Mixing