Monday, July 12, 2010

So I am sitting here thinking what topic I can blog about since I don't know what to do with myself right now. I am watching a rerun of the Big Bang Theory which really isn't a rerun for me since I haven't seen them all yet. 
I'm sure you all have your reasons for stitching but I was wondering really why I stitch and why I spend the money I do on stitching. Lets see....

* something to do when I am watching t.v.
* portable can bring places where I get bored
* takes away boredom (most of the time)
* I love all the colours
* I love all the fabrics
* I love all the threads and beads
* I love the diffrent assortment of patterns and frames.
* I love all the oohs and ahhhs I get from friends
* you can always find some kind of pattern for ANY person
* Stitchers are the best of friends and don't need entertaining to be happy and stitch together

I think that is most of them do you have anymore to add maybe I missed some (A LOT)

Photobucket

7 comments:

  1. Stitching relaxes me ~ almost a form of meditation I think :) I love your list... Next time DH harrasses me over bringing home more stash I'm going to share it with him!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can relate to all of your list, but most of all it's the relaxation that is in it and the great joy to see something appear right in front of you.

    Hugs Yvon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It keeps me sane, which is a full time job and you know how crowed my walls are so I must be really whacked or something. lol Thanks for coming out to the Backyard Bash and we hope you had a good time at your 1st one.
    Be always in stitches.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with it all and I definitely love the relaxation part of stitching! It is a great way to spend an afternoon or evening and to see the things you work on start to come to life is so worth it as well!

    Happy Stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am right there with all the reasons, but I also love the sense of accomplishment when I finish something, take it off the scroll rods and do Happy Dance!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Excellent list -- I also find it very relaxing. Unless I'm learning a new technique.

    ReplyDelete
  7. agree with the whole relaxation thing - it's so totally soothing. I also love the creative side of it, seeing a piece of work come to like just by using thread, fascinating..

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, I really like reading them and they make my day more enjoyable

Follow this blog by Email

My Stitchy Visitors Since October 3rd, 2008

Online Mixing