Thursday, January 13, 2011

I know I should of... (VENT- HELP)

I have really been a bad friend...I think. Since my friend has had her surgery I have not been able to make it to see her at all. She made through is fine and all but that still is not an excuse.
I have been going through so much at home with my husband and then a lot at work with my new manager on top of the reg stress of work. Then some of my blood levels aren't right either so I am tired all the time. I have to go and see another Dr. tomorrow, a fertility Dr. and that is all that has been on my mind the last two days on top of everything else. Stitching has changed and is not an escape for me anymore. I don't know what to do anymore, she is laying on a guilt trip and I have suggested at least three different times to her and she said she was busy and I told her that but no response yet. (She lives 1/2 hour from my work and 1 hour from home) so it is a bit of a challage.
Sorry for my rant but I feel stuck now and I don't know what to do.

7 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry. Just keep reaching out in quiet ways to her and maybe things will smoothe over. Send some flowers maybe? Not that it should be required but it might make YOU feel like at least you tried.

    ReplyDelete
  2. True friends are one of the most cherish-able gifts in life. There is always a special understanding of that unspoken word, the unvisited day and the unconditional love.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you find a way round things soon . Maybe your friend just needs to accept that you have things going off in your life too . It's not that you don't care , just that you have to prioritise . Offer to visit when it is suitable for you ,and if it doesn't suit her , ask her for a list of times that you can choose from .
    Take care ,and good luck with the docs . XX

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tammy, don't beat yourself up over it, sometimes we have to take care of ourselves first, no matter what it looks like, before you can take care of somebody else or something else. Obviously you are not in the right state of mind right now to make that desicion to see her and that's ok. And like Jayne said, friends understand. You will find a way to make it work, but don't do it at a cost to you, because that just leads to so much more.

    ReplyDelete
  5. If she is a true friend she will understand. Long phone calls are another way to share time with each other. Sometimes traveling a distance is just not an option. In the meantime take care of yourself and good luck with the doctor appointments. Try not stressing over the little things since that only adds to the mess. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am always here for you and I hope things get much better for you! Your friend should understand and that is the true test of a good friend. Try to keep a positive thought with things and you are never alone :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's so hard when things like this happen...but the bottom line is that we all make these small decisions that are good for us at the time but then we feel guilty over later. Don't be too hard on yourself, it sounds like you're going through a lot in your own life...I hope your friend comes to understand :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, I really like reading them and they make my day more enjoyable

Follow this blog by Email

My Stitchy Visitors Since October 3rd, 2008

Online Mixing