Tuesday, June 19, 2012

6 Fat Man and a new blog game to play along...


ok since I haven't been working on this project at all it is now considerate a UFO. I need it done before July 13th ahhhhh. So I will be off the Sal I think so I can stitch it more.

There is a new question game going around the blogs and I am fortunate to be tag by two people so I have 22 questions to answer and 11 tag to answer my questions. Seems like fun lets see if I can do this between the baby crying for attention lol.

ok questions from Jayne


  1. How do you feel about blended threads as in Teresa Wentzler's projects? (hate blended threads especially with krenik)
  2. Do you launder your project before framing? (yes, unless its overdyed threads)
  3.  How do you feel about the lack of colour fast in all the flosses now?(its not good if you end up with a dirty project and can't clean it)
  4. When you begin a project with a black and white chart how do you choose which symbol to begin with? (usually I start with the symbol that has the most and in the same area so I don't have to jump)
  5. Do you do your own framing? (some i do, some I had a shop do> some a friend does)
  6. Do you choose your own mats and moldings or let someone else tell you what you would like? (I choose but take suggestions
  7. Pins or Lace (pins if I do it, prefer lace though just don't know how yet)
  8. Do you have any wall space for a new project? (some but not much)
  9. Have you ever gifted a finished piece right off your wall because someone really liked it? (nope)
  10. Would you stitch it again for yourself?
    (nope)
  11. Do you have a group of friends whom share the love of stitching with you on a regular basis? (we gather weekly and love every minute of it)((The Stitching Sisters))
questions from Trina
1.  Why do you love stitching?   (I love the colours there are so many)

2.  Do you have a favourite genre/type of patterns that you like to do? (I like stitching santas, tigers and birds the best)

3.  Have you every had to re-stitch a pattern?  ( Yes, cirque de circles fabric was too small)

4.  How often do you try to stitch a week?  (every day if possible)

5.  What DMC colours do you lean towards?  (I like stitching with all of them but I like when say a pattern is mostly blues or darks to go to a pattern that is funky or brighter colours next)

6. How did you come to stitch?  (My mom taught me when I was 16)

7.  Do you have favourite stores to buy stitching from?  (123 stitch and nordic needle, the silver needle)

8.  Do you have a favourite designer?  (jeanette crews is one of my fav animal designers but I don't look for designers I look for the subject of the pattern)

9.  Do you have a stitching blog?  (Yes!)

10.  Have you read fictional books about stitching?  (Yes read all of them that are out so far)

11.  How many times a week would you say that you visit other stitcher's blogs?  (I try to read some every day sometimes its a few blogs sometimes it 2 hrs worth. Just have to start leaving more comments I guess)

now I am suppose to tag 11 more people to answer my questions (after list) so here goes...

ok now here are the questions.....(copy and paste into your blog) 

1. Favorite pattern ever stitched-show a picture if you can (Bead Sampler)
2. Favorite junk food to have while stitching. (Chips and pop)
3. Your Favorite Blog to visit  ( I have three I have to name DaffyCat, Spinster Stitches and my friends at an eye for thread)
4. Do you leave comments on blogs? (I do when I have something other to say other then nice, nice stitching I'm not very good with words so I don"t a lot of the time)
5. Do you reply to your comments on your blog?
6. Your favorite thread to work with ie. DMC, Anchor, sampler, weeks ect. (I like DMC & silks)
7. Do you know a male stitcher? (nope other then reading Edger's blog)
8. what is the biggest stitched piece you have stitched? (it was a mystic stitch called The forest Walk
9. What is the farthest away you have traveled to go to a stitching store, what was it called? (Nordic Needle - travelled from Calgary Alberta to Fargo North Dakota)
10. Favorite tool to use with stitching  (Star D'tailor love it!!)
11 and last but not least  Do you like stitching for others or yourself and why? (I like stitching for others, seeing their reaction makes you feel warm and fuzzy inside, especially whens its for other stitchers and they know what goes into it)

now make up 11 questions and tag fellow stitchers ( I linked and emailed to give them a heads up)

Ok have fun guys can't wait to here your responses


sorry about the stupid font and colour screw ups





8 comments:

  1. Hi Tammy, I was wondering if you could tell me the titles and/or authors of those fiction stitchy books. I would love to read those!
    Thanks
    Maud

    http://pointscroises.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tammy

    Thanks for the tag, I think I've been tagged four times!
    Your stitching looks lovely, good luck for finishing in time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I have this girlfriend and I think it will be fun. Thanks for the tag!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Answered :D It was fun. Kinda tough to come up with the questions but I think I did alright ^.^

    Hugs,
    Veronica.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm enjoying these question memes they're interesting and I've come across some great blogs for the first time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Keep persevering with the Fat Man as it is such a fun stitch.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You must have missed my comment, Tammy. I tagged you too, and my questions are much harder, lol. I had fun reading your answers though. (You forgot the rules and the eleven random facts about you!! I hope to see your answers to my questions soon!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, I really like reading them and they make my day more enjoyable

Follow this blog by Email

My Stitchy Visitors Since October 3rd, 2008

Online Mixing