Tuesday, June 5, 2012

to new beginnings...

I can now officially state that I have a new position/store in the Shoppers DrugMart Family. I friend of mine that I worked with in Brantford and Oakville. Called me up and offered me my job at his BRAND NEW PHARMACY.
Oh Boy what a decision this was for me!!!  Everyone always asked me why I did a 45min commute to work and back too. Well my only answer was I really like my boss (not manager). He has done  alot for me and I felt that I owed him to stay. On top of that I didn't just want to go work for any old Shoppers I had stipulations and there are so many I new at one point if I was patient it would come. (it took 5 years).
so here is what sold the store to me
1. the boss is a friend and around the same age as me and I love working with him
2. I am head assistant at the store
3. close to home (15min give or take door to door)
4. Brand new store
5.Boss made me feel wanted and was excited to GROW the business with me
6. Family was a go.

So right now I am helping him to set-up the pharmacy from scratch. Today was my first day and oh boy I have my work cut out for me!!
Hubby was with little one and did good, I didn't realize how much I had missed him until I saw him later at the dentist office (met up with hubby and fil all three of us had to get filling redone or fixed ugh)
I will still be in Oakville 1 shift a week just to make my hours until the new store grows and my new boss can up my hrs some. I hope it happens by the time my mat leave is done so that I won't have to go to Oakville but we will see. It right across from the Macmaster childrens hospital and the only one in the area. Just the parking sucks. oh well.
I have to go rinse my dye job, going to skip stitching and read book 3 of fifty shades.

4 days till my parents are here!!!


Pin It

9 comments:

  1. Fantastic news for you. Good luck with the new job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. are you sure you are ready for those paticular three books? lol,
    just say'n .
    Congrats to being back to work too.
    Be always in stitches.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yah always ready for smut books, the third one sucks though soo far

      Delete
  3. Congrats on your new job, it sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooo well done on getting the job to suit you :) congratulations and hope all goes well for you :) love mouse xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. You sound so upbeat about the job and I'm very happy for you. Way to go girlfriend. Just remember to take a little time for just yourself each day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on the new job . Sounds perfect for you .
    Take care .XXX

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, big huge grats on that, Tammy. that's awesome. I hope it works out great for you, and that the store grows quickly!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, I really like reading them and they make my day more enjoyable

Follow this blog by Email

My Stitchy Visitors Since October 3rd, 2008

Online Mixing