Thursday, October 25, 2012

My gramp

Today would have been my Grandpa's 85th birthday. I was really close to him. We used to do everything together until I met boys lol. Bike riding, library, reading, watching hockey, cosby show, going for walks at the mall. Or just sitting in his lap. He also drove around my softball team at school to our games. I loved when he used to just show up at my house during my lunch time to keep me company or take me out. Thursday was always supper at my gramps and grams. Usually his homemade french fries, and always dessert which usually consisted of strawberries or frozen yogurt. I learned how to make milk shakes at that house as well as how to cook a turkey. Memories are all that I have of both gram and grandpa now and I hold them tight and dear to my heart. I wish my little boy could have met him at least once that would have been priceless to me!


Pin It

3 comments:

  1. What a great relationship you had with your grandfather. It sounds like he really enjoyed and loved you. My "Grampa" was special to me as well and the memories are all good.

    LindaLee from Cross’N My Stitches

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tammy, Nicola will meet your Grampa because you will tell him many stories about him and he will be blessed to know him. Teach him the things that he taught you. Right now I am sitting at my Grampa's roll top desk and on the top are only photos of my Grampa and my Grandma. Oh yes there is a wooden box that holds 2 decks of cards (his) on his birthday February 13th I always take them out and I play a game or two of solatare. His favourite game.
    I wish you and your family all the best in your move to Calgary.
    Yes we would love for you to stay in the Christmas exchange. We will miss you. I will not be able to come to your party I have to work that Saturday. Take care and keep in touch.
    Kerry

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tammy, Nicola will meet your Grampa because you will tell him many stories about him and he will be blessed to know him. Teach him the things that he taught you. Right now I am sitting at my Grampa's roll top desk and on the top are only photos of my Grampa and my Grandma. Oh yes there is a wooden box that holds 2 decks of cards (his) on his birthday February 13th I always take them out and I play a game or two of solatare. His favourite game.
    I wish you and your family all the best in your move to Calgary.
    Yes we would love for you to stay in the Christmas exchange. We will miss you. I will not be able to come to your party I have to work that Saturday. Take care and keep in touch.
    Kerry

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, I really like reading them and they make my day more enjoyable

Follow this blog by Email

My Stitchy Visitors Since October 3rd, 2008

Online Mixing