Sunday, March 17, 2013

today was a good day

Well does shopping at a stitching store count as Hermitting too lol. Today I was able to head to another stitching store in Cochrane Alberta called the stitching corner.We took to back road and we passed by many farms which is not unusual out here. The one thing I was surprised about is that we passed one place that had at least 50 horses. I had never seen so many just out ans about in the pasture. It was kind cool. But poor animals were probably freezing as it was extremely cold today with the wind chill. I was able to meet up with an old stitching friend at the shop -  Freda from Freda's Fancy Stitching. It was so good to see a familiar face and I got a nice big hug too.
So while I was there she was able to meet my son too for the first time because she has only been able to see him in pictures. It was great!
While I was there I was able to get new material for my Needleworker Pattern since I didn't like the one they called for. I also was able to pick up some stretching pins there since they were cheaper there then at the quilt shop, I also got a fabulous stitch counter- you will have to wait for pictures tomorrow though.

I guess with Google reader shutting down everyone is going to blog lovin. I have not been able to check it out other then downloading the app on my phone. But I hope it will be just as good



HAPPY 35TH ANNIVERSARY TO MY PARENTS-MAY THEY HAVE MANY MORE
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Hi Tammy! I too have "Needleworker" on order and had decided when I saw it that I would be doing on a differenet fabric also. I'm looking forward to it arriving.

    Your day traveling on the back roads sounds so good. Bill and I went on a weeks vacation last summer just to travel on all the back roads through NC, and it was the best time. We ran into so many little towns that most people don't ever get to see, and found some great things. We're planning on doing the same thing this coming summer as well.

    You have a wonderful week girlfriend, and enjoy that new stitch.

    LindaLee at
    CrossN' My Stitches

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think shopping does count, hopefully you got some great stash!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, I really like reading them and they make my day more enjoyable

Follow this blog by Email

My Stitchy Visitors Since October 3rd, 2008

Online Mixing