Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Helping out...

Have you stitchers ever tried to teach a new stitchers the ins and outs of the little tricks, hidden gems and of course the gadgets, scissors ect?

A lady I was fortunate to be friends with on facebook is new to stitching so I am trying to help out a bit on tips. What would be your favorite gadget and #1 TIP you would give to a newbie stitcher??
I would really love to hear from you so please leave a comment (she has the blog address too)

May you have no frogs at your stitching chair today.... Tammy

5 comments:

  1. Not really sure of my favorite gadget but I guess my tip would be..one stitch at a time..makes even the hardest patterns that much easier

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't really use any gadgets, but a trick I've found to be useful is to cross out stitches once I've done them (in pencil, of course!). Helps keep me on track.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Besides my 3.5 reading glasses, I have a "badge" reel my late brother gave me with my small snipping scissors, a LoRan Needle Threader and a 1-3/4 inch darning "frogging" needle hanging from it. I clip it to my shirt and all my tools are always handy and don't slip into the cushion of the chair !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Let her try out with a small design, preferably with the pre-charted fabric and see if she likes it before proceeding to read chart. I once taught a lady who got confused reading and counting midway and I ended up finishing for her.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't know the meaning of "gadget" but I would like to share with you and other stitcher this site:
    http://www.crosstitch.com/captionmaker/index.pl

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, I really like reading them and they make my day more enjoyable

Follow this blog by Email

My Stitchy Visitors Since October 3rd, 2008

Online Mixing