Thursday, January 8, 2015

Wanted to share

I just wanted to share this picture of a quilt my mom just finished for me.  There is a story behind it. She had made me a holly hobby blanket back when I was little and I was determined that when it got tapered and takes I was going to fix it. Well I gave up and before moving to Alberta asked mom if she could maybe fix it.  Looks like it was a no go but walking into a quilt store she found holly hobby panels it's almost the same colour and she put flannel on the back (cause I am always cold) and a piece of the old blanket she could get out of the old blanket.  I was so flabbergasted and touched.  I mean my mom has made me quilts like I think we are up to 7 but this one means a lot!

9 comments:

  1. It's beautiful. I had Holly Hobby in my room when I was a little girl too! Brings back memories. Thanks for sharing it with us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the quilt.There are some things we just never outgrow. Your mom did a great job of repurposing it and maintaining the integrity of the quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww, how sweet! When my husband and I got married, my quilting grandmother got pieces of fabric from both sides of our family to make us a massive quilt. There are pieces from my great-great grandmother down to me and hubby. It's always that much more special, having those types of pieces included!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's wonderful!

    Your post about Holly Hobby brought back memories. I had a Holly Hobby bed set (bedspread and pillow shams) when I was little and just loved them to pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great gift. I have a Holly Hobby embroidered picture somewhere. I can't remember when I did it, but it looks a lot like the one in your picture.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Holly Hobby...what a child memory of that! GORGEOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Memories for me as well as I stitched a Holly Hobby for my daughter back in the late 70's/early 80's & unfortunately it was misplaced in a move. Hoping someday it will show up somewhere.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, I really like reading them and they make my day more enjoyable

Follow this blog by Email

My Stitchy Visitors Since October 3rd, 2008

Online Mixing